Stuy3

OLD STUY CUBES INDEX

1904-1909 INDEX

cube01

1904

FLOOR
1

CONTENTS


INTERESTING FACTS
In April 1904, the Board of Education's Committee on Building approves plans for a school, to be named Stuyvesant High School, for a location between Livingston Place and First Avenue.

On September 12, 1904, Stuyvesant High School opens its doors to 155 male students and 12 male faculty at its temporary site, 225 E 23rd Street. Dr. Frank Rollins is the first principal. The school opens as a manual training school, offering students the opportunity to combine technical training with academic coursework. The first Indicator, the yearbook, is published, for "both instruction and entertainment."

 
 

next